[MITgcm-support] sample mnc output request

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Sep 21 21:42:37 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 21:30 -0400, Ed Hill wrote:
> But, before downloading any files, are you certain that you have the
> "NetCDF Toolbox for MatLAB" (aka mexcdf53 or mexcdf60) or mexcdf
> installed?  By default, MatLAB has *no* netCDF support.  You must
> install an add-on package in order to use MatLAB for netCDF processing:
>
>   http://mexcdf.sourceforge.net/
>
> and its this toolbox that most of our scripts rely upon.

Hi Jeff,

I just checked and I've been using the older mexcdf53 version for some
time now.  I put a copy of the Linux binary (which has been used on RH9,
FC2, FC3, and now FC4) at:

  http://mitgcm.org/eh3/matlab_netcdf/

which also includes a simple matlab wrapper script that shows how to set
the MATLABPATH environment variable.

And if you have any doubts about the integrity of a netCDF file you can
always look at it with ncdump.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD