[MITgcm-support] sample mnc output request

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Sep 21 21:30:44 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 17:23 -0700, jeff polton wrote:
> Hi,
> I can't seem to be able to read my MNC diagnostic data output in
> Matlab. I hope it is only because my netcdf toolbox isn't correctly
> installed, or something. So could someone send me some netcdf
> diagnostic output from the MNC package with the matlab command line
> that will read it using matlab/utils/rdmnc.m.

Hi Jeff,

I routinely work with MNC output using both MatLAB and the NCO:

  http://nco.sourceforge.net/

suite of command-line tools.  Both work nicely.

And there are some mnc output samples (from the "hs94.cs-32x32x5"
verification run) available at:

  http://mitgcm.org/eh3/MNC/mnc_test_20050921_0001/

and many examples of all sorts of netCDF files at:

  http://ingrid.mit.edu/

But, before downloading any files, are you certain that you have the
"NetCDF Toolbox for MatLAB" (aka mexcdf53 or mexcdf60) or mexcdf
installed?  By default, MatLAB has *no* netCDF support.  You must
install an add-on package in order to use MatLAB for netCDF processing:

  http://mexcdf.sourceforge.net/

and its this toolbox that most of our scripts rely upon.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307