[MITgcm-support] pserver status?

Alistair Adcroft Alistair.Adcroft at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 15 09:48:40 EDT 2005

Can someone categorically say whether the anonymous pserver is up and
working or whether it's meant to be disabled? We have a post-doc
following the instructions in the manual and not reaching the pserver.
Last time this happened there was a network issue for MIT but I also
remember that pserver was once insecure and had then been disabled.

If pserver is not available then please remove those instructions from
the manual.

Thx,

A.
Dr Alistair Adcroft              email: Alistair.Adcroft at noaa.gov
NOAA/GFDL, Princeton University               Tel: (609) 987-5073
Forrestal Campus, U.S. Route 1, P.O. Box 308, Princeton, NJ 08542