[MITgcm-support] exp0 with non-constant bathymetry

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 13 12:52:24 EDT 2005

Hi Sergey,

If delZ=5000 then you have a single layer model.  To have the single
layer vary with depth you have to use partial cells.  It sounds like
partial cells are being used in your model but with a hfacmin and a
hfacmindr that is smaller than you wish.  You should either change these
values or add more layers.  Info on partial cells is in 2.10.7 of the
manual.
http://mitgcm.org/pelican/online_documents/node49.html

-Matt