[MITgcm-support] manuals about sea ice package

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 19 19:27:00 EDT 2005

Liuyu, I am copying this to support list for future reference.

> There are still other questions: Is the sea ice dynamic model in
> pkg/seaice fully compatible with the thermodynamic ice model(3-layer
> by winton) in pkg/thsice?

No, not yet.  It's on todo list.

> The multi-category ice models are widely used now and seem to be more
> advantageous, and why did not you use such kind of ice models?

Initially the idea was to have simple ice model to help speed up adjoint
model development.

> Is there the possibility to couple MITgcm with another multi-category
> ice model(such as CICE)?

Yes of course but it has not been done yet.

Dimitris

--
Dimitris Menemenlis <menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov>
Jet Propulsion Lab, California Institute of Technology