[MITgcm-support] tides

samar khatiwala spk at ldeo.columbia.edu
Tue Oct 18 22:47:26 EDT 2005

Hi Jinlun

I'm not sure if this is a trick question, but sure you can include tides
as a body force in the u,v momentum equations. I have done this for
regional tide simulations using a simplified tidal potential (e.g., Lamb).
If you want to do something fancy with things like self-attraction
and loading, Brian Arbic at GFDL (now at UT Austin) can no doubt give you his
code (written in C for HIM, but probably easy to translate into fortran
for MITgcm).

Samar