[MITgcm-support] MITgcm on AS4, kernel 2.6

Stefano Querin squerin at ogs.trieste.it
Thu Oct 6 10:40:04 EDT 2005

Hi Hezi,
I'm running on a Sun Opteron 64 Cluster with Rocks OS (Linux kernel 2.6).
After the upgrade (from kernel 2.4 to 2.6) I hoped to obtain better
performances in terms of CPU time (people in Trieste achieved a 30%
improvement running some of their own codes): on the contrary, the
computation time was a bit higher than before and the scalability was not
that good (but I encountered this latter problem also with the old kernel).
I didn't check if the results of the same executable were different (I took
it for granted...), I will do it as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Stefano