[MITgcm-support] rdmnc.m

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sun Nov 27 11:48:15 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 01:19 -0500, David Wang wrote:
> Hey Ed,
>
> Thanks a lot. rdnctiles.m works pretty well for me without failures. To
> be a little bit more greedy, I'm expecting more attributes provided,
> such as units, long_name, description for each variable (rdmnc.m does
> retrieve them from mnc output). It will be helpful when a global netcdf
> file needs to be written out (and that's actually what I'd like to do).
> anyway, so far so good.

Hi David,

Good point.  Support for attributes will be added soon.

And, in the mean time, are you aware of the existing assembly routine
available at:

  MITgcm/utils/matlab/mnc_assembly.m

Its a neat little MatLAB script that can globally assemble the mnc
per-tile output from both "exch1" (XY or lat/lon arrays) and
"exch2" (cube) topologies.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD