[MITgcm-support] rdmnc.m

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sat Nov 26 22:59:33 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 22:38 -0500, David Wang wrote:

> I've got trouble loading multi-tile two-dimensional mnc diagnostics
> (i.e., surface quantities like ETAN, TAUX) output into matlab. rdmnc.m
> works just fine when I read in one single iteration, but failed when I
> tried to load all the iterations available. What puzzles me is that
> rdmnc.m works well for 3-dimensional diagnostics (THETA, UVEL etc) in
> both cases. Did I get anything wrong? I'm attaching my
> data.diagnostics and data.mnc namelists for reference. The code I use
> is checkpoint57w_post. matlab is R14 (SP3) on linux FC4.

Hi David,

I've also had trouble with rdmnc().  So much so that I decided it was
hopeless mess and, rather than wasting time trying to fix it, wrote a
much more capable replacement called "rdnctiles":

  MITgcm/utils/matlab/gmt/rdnctiles.m

which you can find in our CVS repository at:

  http://mitgcm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/MITgcm/utils/matlab/gmt/

So please give rdnctiles a try and see if it does a better job on your
2D arrays.  If it doesn't, then please send an email and I'll iron out
any wrinkles you find.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD