[MITgcm-support] problem with compilation

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Nov 15 19:30:19 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 14:10 -0800, jeff polton wrote:
> Constantinos,
>
> > Since you've built an MPI executable you should use poe to launch it.
>
> That was indeed my hope but running it from the command line with poe
> or as a batch file is met with similar frustration. Actually the poe
> route gives a different error message which may help the diagnosis:
>
> %poe ./mitgcmuv > output.txt -nodes 1 -tasks_per_node 16 -retry 30
> -retrycount 10

Hi Jeff,

Constantinos is our local IBM-systems guru.  So he or one of your
sysadmins will have a much better chance of helping you with poe syntax.

That said, have you tried building and running a very simple "hello
world"-type MPI example?  If you can get a program such as one of these
to compile and run:

  http://u2.rit.albany.edu/wiki/index.php/Sample_MPI_Fortran_Program
  http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/services/compute/ibmsmp/parenv/

then that would be a good test of your job submission syntax.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307