[MITgcm-support] darwinism and mpi

Samar Khatiwala spk at ldeo.columbia.edu
Thu Nov 10 14:49:31 EST 2005

Nicolas:

If you are installing MPI for the first time, I suggest getting
mpich2. The LAM-MPI
project is now defunct. (You can still download it, but further
development has stopped.)
A pity because it was so much nicer to use - at least on Mac OS X -
than mpich.
I believe LAM is now part of the Open MPI project.

Samar