[MITgcm-support] KPP diffusivities

Stefano Querin squerin at ogs.trieste.it
Wed Nov 2 12:35:00 EST 2005

Hi Dimitris and Martin,
as suggested by Dimitris, I tested the option:
#define EXCLUDE_KPP_SHEAR_MIX

The diffusivity maxima observed at the bottom disappeared! I still have some other questions about the relation between surface sw fluxes and bottom shear instabilities, but, before asking your advice, I would like to go a bit deeper into this topic, which is rather new to me. For the moment, thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Stefano