[MITgcm-support] Conservation of energy and angular momentum

Yuan Lian lian at U.Arizona.EDU
Wed May 25 15:16:21 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am currently doing some diagnostics for simulations done by atmospheric
model. I found neither total energy and angular momentum will be conserved
for the simulations. There is no mass injection and no external momentum
forcing except a temperature forcing. The temperature forcing is simply a
Newtonian cooling, which relaxes the temperature to radiative equilibrium.

I suppose at least angular momentum should be conserved but it doesn't. So
does anyone have the same problem? Thanks a lot for any help!

-Yuan