[MITgcm-support] Computation time

chris hill cnh at mit.edu
Mon Mar 7 08:55:00 EST 2005

Hi Eli,

  The code computes over land points in general.

  For configurations with large numbers of points e.g. 1/6 and higher
resolution globally you can use tiling to throw away regions with no land.

  For smaller configurations the overhead of skipping land points in do
loops actually costs more than doing null computations, so that the
shortest time to solution comes with computing that includes land.

  What size of problem are you running and how long are your runs taking?

Chris