[MITgcm-support] mnc error

Daniel Enderton enderton at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 27 14:22:29 EDT 2005

Hello Ed (and others),

When running the coupled setup in verification/cpl_aim+ocn, I get an
error in all atmospheric processes that reads (in STDERR):

(PID.TID 0000.0001) *** ERROR *** MNC_CW_ADD_VATTR_ANY ERROR: 'fract'
is not defined

There is nothing in STDOUT.* or the standard output of PBS script and
in the PBS error file:

ABNORMAL END: S/R MNC_CW_ADD_VATTR_ANY

Is this related to any recent changing in bringing the packages
on-line with MNC?  I did not have problems compiling and running on
Friday.  The thsice has a ice fraction variable which may be 'fract'.
The model was not even able to output the grid information for the
(aborted) simulation.  The simulation was done on ao.acesgrid.org in
the directory:

/net/ds-01/scratch-4/enderton/GridTests/Coupled/test

Thanks,
Daniel