[MITgcm-support] RE: diagnostics pkg

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Jun 27 10:13:18 EDT 2005

Hi Andrea & Eli,

Since Andrea sent this email from a non-registered address it was tagged
as spam, so I've added her "other" email address to a sender-accepts
filter and am forwarding it.

Ed

====

hi eli,

maybe i can be of help with a simple answer. the exf package does
not fill the diagnostics you activated, so you are getting zeroes
for all the fields. if you look in  your STDERR you will see the
messages indicating this. these diagnostics are normally filled
by one of the atmospheric physics packages when the atmosphere is
running.

it would be possible for the exf package to fill the diagnostics
you are requesting by adding a call to DIAGNOSTICS_FILL with
the right arguments. we can look into doing this.

minor point: HFLUX is sensible heat flux, EFLUX is latent.

as for the 'cut in the middle' you are talking about, i am not sure what
you meant -- can you be more clear about that part?  the only thing i
can think of to tell you on this is to say that the frequency variable
in the namelist is in units of seconds -- is this what you had in mind?
25920 seconds?

good luck!

andrea molod

--