[MITgcm-support] obcs and seaice

Tom Haine Thomas.Haine at jhu.edu
Tue Jun 7 15:46:47 EDT 2005

Hi Folks,

I need to allow sea ice to be imported into my Denmark Strait model
across open boundaries. I see that seaice is not implemented in obcs
currently. Martin Losch has made some suggestions about implementing
ptracer in obcs (http://forge.csail.mit.edu/pipermail/mitgcm-
support/2004-November/002715.html). Can I simply customize this idea for
seaice variables?  Are there other issues I should worry about?

Thanks, Tom.
 Dr. Thomas W. N. Haine,
 Associate Professor of Physical Oceanography

 Department of Earth & Planetary Sciences,
 329 Olin Hall, The Johns Hopkins University,
 Baltimore, MD 21218, USA.
 Tel : 410 516 7048,   Fax : 410 516 7933