[MITgcm-support] Pb with compilation: make:

Nicolas Wienders wienders at ocean.fsu.edu
Mon Jun 6 14:00:08 EDT 2005

Dear Ed,

>And if I can't have an account, please try the following:

I wish i could set up an account for you, but you won't be able
to access from outside (IP address).

>  1) Are you using Gnu make or "gmake"?  We strongly recommend Gnu
>       make or gmake since its syntax is well-understood.

Gnu make. I use the same one for the old version of the model
and it works fine.

>  2) Please verify that the optfile has the right settings for
>       your Fortran compiler, libs, etc.

I use the ibmcpm/xlf/8.1/xlf compiler.

>  3) Please email us a copy of your Makefile.

It is attached. Problems are coming from those " <built-in> "
i think.

Thanks a lot again, have a great afternoon.

--

Nicolas Wienders                 (850) 644-1987 (office)
Oceanography - OSB415              294-3542 (cell)
Tallahassee, FL - 32306    wienders at ocean.fsu.edu