[MITgcm-support] Pb with compilation: make: *** No rule to make target `<built-in>',

Nicolas Wienders wienders at ocean.fsu.edu
Mon Jun 6 11:39:14 EDT 2005

Dear all,
I am just very starting to try using mitgcm,
these are my first compilations. Everything works
find when i use an old version that had been installed
previously here.

But i just downloaded the up-to-date "CVS" version,
and, genmake2, make depend, go well but i can't compile.
I get for instance this error message:

make: *** No rule to make target `<built-in>', needed by
`chksum_tiled.for'.  Stop.

One difference i have noted in that in the new version, make depend create
a BUILD_INFO.h, nad it wasn't the case with the older one.
Besides that i am pretty lost.

Thanks a lot for your help. nicolas

--

Nicolas Wienders                 (850) 644-1987 (office)
Oceanography - OSB415              294-3542 (cell)
Tallahassee, FL - 32306    wienders at ocean.fsu.edu