[MITgcm-support] error compiling: rksign

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Jul 26 17:56:01 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 17:10 -0400, samar khatiwala wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am getting an error compiling the model:
>
> mpif77 -byteswapio -r8 -Mnodclchk -Mextend -O2 -c gad_advection.f
> PGFTN-S-0038-Symbol, rksign, has not been explicitly declared
> (gad_advection.f: 3664)
>   0 inform,   0 warnings,   1 severes, 0 fatal for gad_advection
> PGFTN/x86 Linux/x86 5.2-4: compilation completed with severe errors
> make: *** [gad_advection.o] Error 2
>
> I searched in all the .h files and could find no sign of rkSign. I
> cvs updated quite recently, and it seems rkSign replaces rkFac. But
> it is not defined anywhere. Any ideas what is going on?

Hi Samar,

Are you certain that you've correctly updated everything?

I just did a fresh check-out and the 'rkSign' variable is defined in
model/src/GRID.h which is correctly #include-ed by gad_advection.F so
the above error should not occur.  And just to double-check things, I
ran a testreport job on all of the verification examples that use
generic_advection:

  MLAdjust adjust_nlfs.cs-32x32x1 cfc_example cfc_offline
  dic_example lab_sea plume_on_slope rotating_tank
  solid-body.cs-32x32x1 vermix

and I didn't see any failures -- all tests passed.

So, are you certain that you haven't somehow locally edited your sources
or perhaps only updated some of your files?  Could you please get a
fresh check-out from CVS and try again (and/or compare)?

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307