[MITgcm-support] compiling error in the latest sources of MITgcm on irix64!

Van Thinh Nguyen vtnguyen at moisie.math.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jul 26 12:50:00 EDT 2005

Dear MITgcm-supporters!

I tried to update the old sources of MITgcm (using cvs update command),
after that I re-compile my old model (this is compiled and ran (mpi)
without any error by old sources), then I've got following error:
---
ld64: ERROR   33 : Unresolved text symbol "timenow_" -- 1st referenced by timers.o.
----
I even tried to clean all old MITgcm-sources, and getting the lastest one,
I also got the same error.

With the same version of the MITgcm-code, I compiled and ran without any
error on Itanium Linux (mpi).

Again my platform is irix64 (ip35) and here is the of-file:

------
#!/bin/bash
#
#  $Header: /u/gcmpack/MITgcm/tools/build_options/irix64_ip35_f77,v 1.1
2003/11/29 01:29:53 edhill Exp $
#

S64='$(TOOLSDIR)/set64bitConst.sh'
MAKEDEPEND=makedepend
CPP='/lib/cpp -P '
DEFINES='-DALLOW_USE_MPI -DALWAYS_USE_MPI -DTARGET_SGI -DWORDLENGTH=4'
FC='f77'
FFLAGS='-extend_source -mp -mpio -bytereclen -mips4 -r8 -static'
FOPTIM='-O3'
LIBS='-L/usr/lib64 -lmpi'
INCLUDEDIRS='/usr/include'

With this of-file, I didnot have any problem by the old code (checkpoint
56)

Anyone may know about this error, please give me an advice.

Thanks a lot!

Van Thinh