[MITgcm-support] cross-land mixing

eliyahu biton eliyahu.biton at weizmann.ac.il
Tue Jul 19 03:10:18 EDT 2005

Hello supporting list (and others)
In my simulation I have two large water body connected via a narrow
starit. As I  don't want to increase the resolution  in order to capture
this strait, I looked for an alternative way to allow exchange
properties as temperature and salinity between the two water body
(without real connection between the two) and I found a mixing scheme,
for mass and tracers, treats locally
straits called 'cross-land mixing' at the 'MOM4' model.
So my questions are:
Is there is an exist option to capture narrow strait without increase
the entire grid resolution within MITgcm model?
and if not is there any suggestion ?
Thanks allot Eli.

--
Eli Biton