[MITgcm-support] viscAh & viscAz!

Göran Broström goran at misu.su.se
Thu Jul 7 13:20:18 EDT 2005

Hi Baylor

I have some computer problems at the moment (and I am starting my vacation
pretty soon) so I have not been able to test what is wrong with my runs.

I saw that you use "generic_advdiff" in packages.conf. Should this flag be
set (besides using mom_vecinv
 which I assume is essential)?

About what scheme I use. Frankly I do not know what scheme to use but trying
to follow Dimitris I started with
  viscAh=0.,
# viscAhMax=unset
  viscAhGrid=0.,
  viscC2Leith=0.,
  viscA4=0.,
#  viscA4Max=0.,
  viscA4Grid=0.,
  viscA4GridMin=6.e-4,
  viscA4GridMax=8.e-3,
  viscC4Leith=0.2,

But I have tried different versions. If you have better suggestions I will
be happy to try these settings.

Sincerely
Göran
ps. Dimitris, misu.su.se is Meteorological Institute, Stockholm University.