[MITgcm-support] redirect of stdout

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Tue Jul 5 05:59:37 EDT 2005

Rene,

help from an amateur:

you can probably easily disable (almost) all output to standard out by
commenting out the body of the routines print_message and print_error
(in eesupp/src/print.F)

all of this is refers to routines eesupp/src:
In eeboot.F the parameters standardMessageUnit and errorMessageUnit are
set and in eeboot_minimal.F these units are opened.
in eesupp/src/ini_procs.F the parameters standardMessageUnit and
errorMessageUnit are set again for non-MPI runs (?)
So if you comment out the ini_procs.F statements and and modify the
eeboot* statements, maybe you get what you want. But I am not sure ...
I was once told that I should have to edit those files at all (o:

Martin