[MITgcm-support] redirect of stdout

Rene Redler redler at ccrl-nece.de
Tue Jul 5 04:09:08 EDT 2005

hi,

    I am looking for an alternative way to redirect the stdout
into a file other than doing this via the unix " > " in cases
when the MIT model is compiled without MPI. When compiled with
MPI this is already happening somewhere (where?) and I am wondering
whether something similar could be done for the non-MPI case.

The reason is that the unix " > " does not work in my particular
case.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I also noticed that a whole lot of output is generated during
the initialisation of the run. I am still playing with
plume_on_slope . I found the monitor module which I eliminated
from the genmake step, and I also found the debugLevel which
I added to the namelist and set it to zero. However this did
not really improve the situation for several reasons:

Sometimes the debugLevel is tested against >= debugLevelZero,
but most of the prints cannot not be deactivated without editing
the code (at least this was my impression). Are there other ways
to reduce the stdoutput to a minimum?

Best regards, Rene