[MITgcm-support] running checkpoint57b_post

eyulaeva at ucsd.edu eyulaeva at ucsd.edu
Mon Jan 3 15:49:12 EST 2005

Hello:

I am testing the checkpoint57b_post version of MIT model at SIO cluster
planning to incorporate it into the coupled model.
I would like to run the forward integration in "exf" mode forcing the
model with NCEP reanalysis.
I have a few questions.
1) Do you have a Fortran code that creates pickup file from the oceanic
state?
2) What is the sign convention for the fluxes?
For instance,what is the correct direction of the wind stress from the
file in  data.exf, i.e. should I invert the sign of the atmospheric wind
stress?
3) Should I input the short wave radiation separately, and again, what is
the   the correct sign of it?

Thank you very much

Elena