[MITgcm-support] building on bluesky

Constantinos Evangelinos ce107 at ocean.mit.edu
Tue Feb 22 12:53:09 EST 2005

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 12:47, samar khatiwala wrote:

> Ed and Constantinos:
>
> so which is it?
>
> sp4 or sp4+mpi

I've been using sp4+mpi as well as sp4 but the latest testreport has only been
for sp4. Provided your binary does not request more than 2GB of RAM you
should not need 64-bit addressing.

> Also, I have a pickup file from an mpi run on a linux cluster. This is
> with globalFiles=true so it is NOT tiled. I assume it is safe to restart
> this run on bluesky with a different number of processors/tiling (but
> of course the same nx,ny,nz).

It should be fine.

Constantinos
--
Dr. Constantinos Evangelinos
Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences