[MITgcm-support] combining multi-PE NetCDF files into a single file

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Feb 1 11:02:24 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 13:16 +0200, Eli Galanti wrote:
> hello,
>
> when running with packege mnc on several processors, how do I combine the files
> into a single file?
>
> for example:
>
> grid.0000.000001.nc
> grid.0000.000002.nc
> grid.0000.000003.nc
> grid.0000.000004.nc

Hi Eli,

A few of us have been using a MatLAB tool called "mnc_assembly.m" which
I just checked into CVS.  You can get it at:

  MITgcm/utils/matlab/mnc_assembly.m

and more information (including two complete sets of examples) is
available from our CVS server at these locations:

  MITgcm/utils/matlab/README.txt
  development/edhill/mnc_assembly

Please be aware that the tool was written to work with both MatLAB v7
(R14+) and the MatLAB NetCDF Toolbox:

http://woodshole.er.usgs.gov/staffpages/cdenham/public_html/MexCDF/nc4ml5.html

so it may have some problems with older MatLAB versions.  And if you
have problems, send your bug reports to this list!

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307