[MITgcm-support] problems on alpha amchine

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Tue Dec 6 14:16:38 EST 2005

Hi Hezi,

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 08:55:45PM +0200, Hezi Gildor wrote:

> Dear Jean-Michel,
>
> I attach diagnostics_main_init.f
>
> it looks ok to me but still the compiler is not happy:

I can confirm that it's a CPP problem (on this alpha machine):
in diagnostics_main_init.F :
      diagName  = 'ETANSQ  '
      diagTitle = 'Square of Perturbation of Sfc position (r_unit^2)'
      diagUnits = DIAGS_MK_UNITS( rUnit2c//'^2', myThid )
      diagCode  = 'SM      M1      '
      CALL DIAGNOSTICS_ADD2LIST( diagNum,
     I          diagName, diagCode, diagUnits, diagTitle, myThid )
becomes in diagnostics_main_init.f :
      diagName  = 'ETANSQ  '
      diagTitle = 'Square of Perturbation of Sfc position (r_unit^2)'
      diagUnits = DIAGS_MK_UNITS( rUnit2c
      diagCode  = 'SM      M1      '
      CALL DIAGNOSTICS_ADD2LIST( diagNum,
     I          diagName, diagCode, diagUnits, diagTitle, myThid )

But I don't know how to fix it.
Can someone help ?

Jean-Michel