[MITgcm-support] time-dep-wind-file

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 5 22:09:31 EDT 2005

Hi Ming,

You now write your file with several time records.  So the record for t
= 0 goes first, then the next time record is written into the file
following that record, and so on.  In data.exf you then specify the
period so the model knows how over what interval each record is valid.
I believe with the wind stress the model linearly interpolates between
the two time records so the transitions are smooth.

data.exf will have something like:
ustressstartdate1=19920601,
ustressstartdate2=30000,
ustressperiod=43200.0,

so that t = 0 is at June 1, 1992 at 3am and a new record is valid every
43200.0 seconds.

To actually generate the file just add the next record on after the first.
so that the record is valid for
from t = 0:nts
NX*NY*(t)+1 : NX*NY*(t)

Hope I helped,