[MITgcm-support] RE: preprocess scripts

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Aug 3 16:55:55 EDT 2005

Hi David,

I've subscribed you to the MITgcm-support list (you need to subscribe in
order to post) and have forwarded your message (below).

develop their own scripts.  Often, bathymetry and other fields need some
"by-hand" tuning or adjustment.  Folks will use whatever language or
environment (often MatLAB) they are most comfortable in.

And all questions are welcome -- we answer as much as our time allows!

Ed

===

Hello MITgcm developers,

This is a MITgcm beginner. I just got started with preparing my
realistic bathymetry, initial temperature/salinity and wind stress
forcing data files edible to the model. But the gendata.m scripts that
found in various verification cases only deal with simple idealized
setup. While in the online CVS code browser
(http://mitgcm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/preprocess/), I found quite a
few
old (4 years) preprocess scripts which do not exist in ordinary
checkouts. Are these scripts still supposed to do their work or already
superceeded by something newer that I failed to find?
BTW, does the support mailing list welcome newbie questions? I recently
subscribed it and found discussions pretty in-depth...

Thank you very much,
- David

--
Daiwei (David) Wang      Graduate Student
Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307
emails:  eh3 at mit.edu                ed at eh3.com