[MITgcm-support] Cray X1

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Aug 2 20:45:12 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 15:19 -0700, Paola Cessi wrote:
> Which version, if any, of the MITgcm has been tested on the Cray X1?

Hi Paola,

We don't (at the moment) have access to an X1 so we aren't actively
testing on one.  However, MITgcm is almost entirely standards-compliant
Fortran77 so it should be straight-forward to get it running.  If you
can get us an account, we can probably get it compiled and running in a
couple of hours.

Alternatively, you can create your own "options file" for a Cray X1
using the ones at:

  MITgcm/tools/build_options/*

for hints and inspiration.

We always recommend that folks use a recent version of MITgcm.  Either
the latest from cvs or a recent checkpoint would be a good choice:

  http://mitgcm.org/source_code.html

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD