[MITgcm-support] Package global_ocean.cs32x15

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Apr 29 09:37:36 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 10:27 -0230, Entcho Demirov wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> Thanks for your help. I have compiled and run the code on
> "osf1_alpha_f77" system. Everything went well and the
> run finished normally, though it prints messages:
>
> forrtl: error (65): floating invalid
> forrtl: error (65): floating invalid
> forrtl: error (73): floating divide by zero
> forrtl: error (73): floating divide by zero
> NORMAL END
> forrtl: info (299): 1890 floating divide-by-zero traps
> forrtl: info (297): 4032 floating invalid traps
>
> Do you think that I may ignore these messages?

Hi Entcho,

Its probably OK to ignore those warnings.

If we had access to your alpha hardware, we could spend a bit of time
tracking down why they're happening.  But I doubt that its a serious
problem.  And those alpha chips are becoming increasingly rare--we no
longer have one handy in our lab.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD