[MITgcm-support] Make depend error

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Apr 25 22:09:35 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 18:11 -0700, Don Stark wrote:
> I've run with two version of the optfile. The second (ip30) works on my
> other machine. I'll include the optfiles in another email.

Hi Don,

OK, it looks like you don't have a "makedepend" program installed on
your machine.  Which is fine, there are other options.  Please try the
two following things:

 1) In your optfile, try replacing the line:

      MAKEDEPEND=makedepend

    with:

      MAKEDEPEND='$(TOOLSDIR)/cyrus-imapd-makedepend/makedepend'

 2) if (1) doesn't work, please try deleting (or commenting out)
    the line:

      MAKEDEPEND=makedepend

    from your optfile and see if that works.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307