[MITgcm-support] Re: help

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Apr 22 13:17:01 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 16:20 -0700, Don Stark wrote:
> Ed,
> Your suggestions concerning the C naming worked. I've gotten it to compile.
> Now I'm having trouble running the code. I have an executable in build. I
> tried running it there and the code complained that it was missing the
> eedata file. So I created one, but it still doesn't see it. So I moved the
> executable up from build, checked that there was an eedata in inputs, there
> is, but I'm still getting the message that I'm missing the eedata files.

Hi Don,

I'm moving our discussion over to the MITgcm-support list since there
are a lot more people here who can help you -- so you're more likely to
get fast answers here!

And I'm glad to hear that it compiled.  Since we don't have one of those
Irix machines, would you please email your modified optfile back to us?
We'd appreciate it and we'll check it into CVS for future reference.

  cd MITgcm/verification/exp2/build
  ../../../tools/genmake2 -mods=../code -of=/PATH/TO/YOUR_OPTFILE
  make CLEAN
  make depend
  make
  ln -s ../input/* .
    [ please ignore any "CVS" warnings that the above command
      might return--they're harmless ]
  ./mitgcmuv

If the above fails, please send us (cut-and-paste) the exact error
message and we'll try to figure out how to fix it.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307