[MITgcm-support] Re: mnc and netcdf

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Apr 8 09:20:50 EDT 2005

Hi Jonathan,

I've subscribed you to the MITgcm-support list so any future emails you
send from your address (the one below) will get through automatically.

In regards to netCDF, it sounds like one of the following is your
problem:

 - the netCDF Fortran interface was not built (whoever built
   it just installed the C interface) or

 - it was built and installed but with the wrong name-mangling
   (that is, it was built for a different Fortran compiler so
   the symbol names are not recognizable by your Fortran
   compiler)

To diagnose this problem, please try building a fresh netCDF install in
your home directory following the directions at:

  http://mitgcm.org/mwiki/index.php/NetCDF_Local_Install
  [ ae ehnd http://mitgcm.org/mwiki/index.php/MNC_Package ]

and then modify the MITgcm optfile that you're using

  http://mitgcm.org/pelican/online_documents/node139.html

so that it specifies the correct locations

  INCLUDES='-I/path/to/your/home/install/netcdf/include'
  LIBS='-L/path/to/your/home/install/netcdf/lib'

for your local netCDF install.

And please let us know what problems you encounter.

Ed

Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307
emails:  eh3 at mit.edu                ed at eh3.com