[MITgcm-support] Arctic configuration

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 29 14:56:42 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 10:55 am, samar khatiwala wrote:
> I am considering doing some simulations for the Arctic region and
> was wondering if anyone has been using the MIT GCM for this
> purpose. If so, I would be interested in learning more about
> your configuration and experiences.

Samar, you can take a look at
http://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/cube_sphere/
http://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/cube_sphere/IceCube/
http://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/cube_sphere/IceCube/arctic_ice_movie.mpg
http://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/cube_sphere/IceCube/ice_03.mpg

The ice model for above is derived from work by Jinlun Zhang.
Glad to share simulation output if you want to have a closer look
at the Arctic.

D.

--
Dimitris Menemenlis <menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov>
Jet Propulsion Lab, California Institute of Technology