[MITgcm-support] genmake2 problem on alpha

jeff polton jpolton at ucsd.edu
Thu Sep 23 18:43:46 EDT 2004

Ed, I still get errors with the new checkpoint55 files. The error is
particularly odd.

 >../../../tools/genmake2 -mods=../code
-of=/due3/jeff/safe/osf1_alpha_f90
blah blah ....
   Searching for *OPTIONS.h files in order to warn about the presence
     of "#define "-type statements that are no longer allowed:
     found CPP_EEOPTIONS="../../../eesupp/inc/CPP_EEOPTIONS.h"
     found CPP_OPTIONS="../../../model/inc/CPP_OPTIONS.h"
Segmentation fault

I've tracked down the error to the test_for_package_in_cpp_options
function, which calls the     test_for_string_in_file subfunction 4
times. Regardless of the order of these 4     test_for_string_in_file
subfunctions, test_for_package_in_cpp_options fails after completing
the 2, of 4, subfunctions without even entering the 3 calling of the
test_for_string_in_file subfunction.

I don't understand that.
Any ideas gratefully received.

Jeff