[MITgcm-support] New user with problems with ptracers

cimatori at libero.it cimatori at libero.it
Tue Sep 21 11:20:01 EDT 2004

Hi, I'm a new MITGCM user from Italy. I'm working for my third year thesis at the OGS in Trieste (Italy), with Stefano Querin and Cosimo Solidoro.
We want to set up a model for Trieste Gulf using ptracers package too, we tried using checkpoint 52.e_pre, with minor changes but we get strange results. All the tracers behave just like salt (or nearly like salt), even if we changed diffKh by 10^3. We also get always the same results (and in the same order), changing parameters.
Do you think that trying with a newer version could work?
Thanks.
Andrea Cimatoribus