[MITgcm-support] global ocean experiment

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Oct 29 08:46:15 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 07:59, Martin Losch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is an old problem, obviously not fixed. Some compilers (I known
> only of the Sun Fortran Compiler) only allow 31 characters for names
> (that's the FORTRAN standard, I think). the subroutine name
> PTRACERS_FIELDS_BLOCKING_EXCHANGES is too long. Rename it into
> something shorter (not the file!), e.g. PTRACERS_FB_EXCHANGES in
> ptracers_fields_blocking_exchanges.F and the call to this routine in
> do_fields_blocking_exchanges.F.
>
> Code Czars, maybe we should do something like this in the repository?
> Any objections?

Hi Martin and Patrick,

Its easy to write a quick script that finds all the subroutine and
function names >= 31 characters.  The only thing I'm concerned about is
possible problems for Patrick and the other adjointers.

So Patrick, is there anything I should do to make this easier for you?

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307