[MITgcm-support] global ocean experiment

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Fri Oct 29 07:59:50 EDT 2004

Hi,

this is an old problem, obviously not fixed. Some compilers (I known
only of the Sun Fortran Compiler) only allow 31 characters for names
(that's the FORTRAN standard, I think). the subroutine name
PTRACERS_FIELDS_BLOCKING_EXCHANGES is too long. Rename it into
something shorter (not the file!), e.g. PTRACERS_FB_EXCHANGES in
ptracers_fields_blocking_exchanges.F and the call to this routine in
do_fields_blocking_exchanges.F.

Code Czars, maybe we should do something like this in the repository?
Any objections?

Martin