[MITgcm-support] FW: R1 code

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Oct 27 11:29:57 EDT 2004

> My problem is that the comparison between old 64 processors and new 64
> processors version show pretty big differences ( see ps3 that computes
> rms  diff between old and new 64 proc. runs).  Before eventually
> switching to the new version of the code I would like to understand
> where this differences come from and what are the major changes that
> occurred on the code between the 2 versions I have.

Hi Sophie,

Since we don't know your particular configuration (and by that I mean
all local code modifications, the packages used/not-used, and all input
files), its really hard to say what the major differences are between
your older version and the more recent version of MITgcm.  We can only
say that numerous bugs have been fixed and a good bit code has been
added or re-worked.

That said, you can read (or skim through) our development notes in:

  MITgcm/doc/tag-index

which will describe all the major changes.  And you can compare
different versions of important files through our on-line CVS browser:

  http://mitgcm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/MITgcm/

to get an idea of the details of those changes.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307