[MITgcm-support] Problem with MNC initialization

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Oct 11 22:20:04 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 14:18, Chris Hill wrote:
> Hi Baylor,
>
>  I think another temporary fix is to revert to the latest "checkpoint" rev
> of the mnc package. To do this I would do something like
> cd pkg/
> mv pkg/mnc pkg/mnc.hidden
> cvs co -r checkpoint55 -d mnc MITgcm/pkg/mnc
>
> Then do a make CLEAN and redo genmake2 etc... for your experiment.
> If checkpint55 pkg/mnc doesn't work with latest code, then I would try a
> pkg/mnc fron "checkpoint55b_post". It looks like some mnc changes went in
> after that - see

Hi folks,

Many thanks to Jean-Michel!  His two small MNC changes fixed my two
mistakes.

I just checked out a fresh copy of everything on Baylor's G5-dual
("two") and testreport passed:

http://mitgcm.org/testing/results/2004_10/tr_two_20041011_2/summary.txt

Tests on other machines/compilers are in progress and, so far, they all
look good.

So if you are running the very latest from CVS and are still getting seg
faults, PLEASE let us know.  Otherwise, the problem appears to be
solved.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD