[MITgcm-support] obcs/exf interactions

Tom Haine Thomas.Haine at jhu.edu
Thu Oct 7 16:07:09 EDT 2004

Jinlun, Alistair,

Barotropic modes are forced by windstress variability so I'm not very
surprised there's evidence in 300m velocities of the ice edge. In some
animations I occasionally see hints of it.

Alistair, are your figures from iteration 41400 or so?  I guess you
start from iter=0 when the ice edge is much sharper (yes, I realize I'm
the source of all that's not beautiful in the MITgcm!). Maybe this
explains your result?  If you start from iter=41400 maybe your velocity
anomalies will have the smooth, natural-looking curves of my ice edge at
that time?

We should clearly favor the new pkg/seaice solver.

Tom.