[MITgcm-support] obcs/exf interactions

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 7 15:37:07 EDT 2004

On Thursday 07 October 2004 12:02 pm, Tom Haine wrote:
> I guess pkg/exf changes (presumably in the stress computation) might
> explain the difference Alistair sees, although I don't know why they
> would be concentrated at the ice edge.

Tom, there are several (too many) options for specifying wind stress.
The three main ones are 1) read-in, 2) computed via pkg/exf bulk formulae,
3) computed by pkg/seaice bulk formulae.  Right now the default is to let
pkg/exf provide wind stress and this is applied as is to the ocean, i.e.,
wind stress is not modified by sea-ice.  The configuration that you are
using may be different.

D.

--
Dimitris Menemenlis <menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov>
Jet Propulsion Lab, California Institute of Technology