[MITgcm-support] Re: heat fluxes and density

Dan Conipo dconipo at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 11:03:25 EST 2004

 Thanks, the density code is perfect.

I am using a old version as "inheritance". I'm scared to change with the new one if I have to modify also my data files and input files.

About the fluxes, I didn't explain correctly. I don't want to diagnose the heat fluxes but I'd like to use them like restoring parameter instead of the SST. so the question was "how can I compute them from my input SST? how to use Q like input?

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 08:58 -0500, Martin Losch wrote:

> Your questions:> 1. Density: besides the matlab script that Ed suggested I have one for > the eosType=MDJWF, which I am happy to share, and there is one for > POLY3 in the downloaded code: utils/matlab/dens_poly3.m. For a linear > equation of state you'll have to do it yourself, but that shouldn't be > hard.> For "online"-output, you'd have to include code to output density, and > that would work only if you used one tile/processor. I would refrain > from doing that unless you want temporal averages.

By the way, I'd like to say "thank you!" to Martin for providing theMatLAB density=rho(T,S,z) scripts that I referenced in the previousemail.  They worked very nicely on some ACC diagnostics that we weredoing some months ago.Ed