[MITgcm-support] seaice

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Nov 29 16:47:38 EST 2004

On Monday 29 November 2004 01:18 pm, mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de wrote:
> I suspect there is a problem in trying to run the (seaice) model on a
> cartesian grid. I don't think it can do that, yet. Can it?

Matin, that's correct, seaice_init.F assumes usingSphericalPolarGrid=.TRUE.
I just added a check for that in pkg/seaice/seaice_check.F

At present every other geometry needs to be hand-coded in seaice_init.F,
for example, seaice grid definitions for useCubedSphereExchange.

D.

--
Dimitris Menemenlis <menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov>
Jet Propulsion Lab, California Institute of Technology