[MITgcm-support] make on an Altix 3700

Paola Cessi pcessi at ucsd.edu
Wed Nov 3 17:57:34 EST 2004

Hi Ed - thanks for the advice which helped. However, just adding

CC='icc'

or

CC='icc -static'

to the optfile  did not work. What worked was to separately compile
(without linking) the tim*.c routines using

icc -c tim.c timer_stat.c

before the make command.

Is there another command that one can place in the optfile that instructs
compilation of the C-routines with icc?

paola