[MITgcm-support] MITgcm

chav0055 chav0055 at umn.edu
Sat May 29 12:26:32 EDT 2004

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I am one of the people interested in using
your model for my studies. I have been trying to run experiment 2 using the
information provided in the user mannual but I am getting error messages.
Could you please assist?

1. For the step just before the 'make depend', I get the following message:

'Getting local config information: none found'

'Getting OPTFILE Information

Warning: no OPTFILE specified so we'll look for possible settings'

2. Typing 'make depend' gives me a 'no match' message whereas typing
'makedepend' gets through without any problem. What is the difference
between the two commands?

Geoffrey.