[MITgcm-support] Negative salinities

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Tue May 25 02:43:41 EDT 2004

Sergio,

no use in defining this CPP-flag, it will not solve your problem. This
routine raises a flag/warning, if it finds one or more negative
salinity values in the current horizontal slab and resets the negative
values to zero.
But if you have salinities of +/-1.5e+139, your problem is likely to be
something completely different. If this happens after one or two time
steps, I am guessing, that there are some memory issues, such as a
double precision field is read into a single precision variable or vice
versa (for example, your forcing fields).

Martin